A Thread of My Own

My days pass so quickly - tending to this and then that - I start threads in my mind and then never get them finished. This, I pray, will be a spot to place them and maybe even share...a thread of my own.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

To Go or Not To Go

There's a short trip I can take with my husband coming up.  It's partly business for him.  I would be free to sleep in, order room service, shop a bit and truly enjoy a fantastic hotel; not to mention spending the evenings with my wonderful husband.  I'm a bit skittish at the idea of both of us being gone for three days.  I always am when we leave the kids ~ which isn't often.   Our son's diagnosis is only about six months old.  Leaving five children, CF treatments and meds ~ I'm unsure.  Yet, when I attempt to see a bit further down the road, I wonder if now isn't the very time we should get away.......

2 comments:

  1. i know how you feel about leaving. I only have one child but have never left Ayla for more than 24 hours. And she's 3 years old! The idea of having a vacay sounds great but when it gets close to the time to leave I really start to freak out...pretty crazy what kiddies do to us!! Anyways hope you get to go if that's what you want to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging helped me work through it. That and splitting the children up. Girls with CF son here and boys to grandparents. That will make me less nervous. Looking forward to it now. We'll see about the nerves as the time draws near.....

    ReplyDelete