A Thread of My Own

My days pass so quickly - tending to this and then that - I start threads in my mind and then never get them finished. This, I pray, will be a spot to place them and maybe even share...a thread of my own.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm So Far Behind I Thought I Was First

I have a sign that hangs in our home that says "I'm So Far Behind I Thought I Was First"!  It describes these past several weeks.  I have been so busy.  So many things that must get done and then the things that I simply WANT to get done..........not making much progress on those.

A simple thing like switching out spring/summer clothes for fall/winter clothes is a daunting task for a large family.  Whew!  I'm almost there.  I love our hand-me-down closet.  We shop at home FIRST!  Then make a list of things for the oldest of each gender and those things that seem to be missing in the hand-me-downs.  It is time consuming though getting each kiddo switched out.

I still have work to do on our Great Strides Walk.  It was a huge success.  We had the most registered walkers and exceeded our goal by 50%!  Pretty good first year.  Now that I have a sense of what I am doing I look forward to beginning earlier and smarter next year.  But, there are thank yous to send and a video I'm putting together.

Then there is just the day to day around here.  It's busy from the moment I open my eyes.  I play possum most mornings just so there's a bit of quiet in which to pray at the start of a new day!  I need Him each day in every moment and every task.  Just knowing He's there with me all day...........thank you Lord.  He sees me mess up, fail, seek forgiveness, if needed, and start again.  I'm always telling the kids that we all fail, we all sin in some area and fall short of God's standard, but, it's what we do at that point that makes all the difference.  That's where I don't want to disappoint.

It's only at the end of the day, like now, up way too late, that I can have a complete thought!  The soft snoring of my wonderful husband, and the quiet breathing of our youngest little one on the monitor, and crickets chirping outside our bedroom window.................ahhhhh.

Well, there's more, but the bed is calling my name.  Tomorrow we go to church.  Such a good day it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment