A Thread of My Own

My days pass so quickly - tending to this and then that - I start threads in my mind and then never get them finished. This, I pray, will be a spot to place them and maybe even share...a thread of my own.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Words Escape Me

Why is it when I've finally found the time (not really............it's late) and the opportunity to write...........the words that having been churning all day in my head..........just disappear?

The one thought that does keep coming to my mind was the odd feeling of sitting in a room with so many people last weekend..........and yet feeling disconnected at the same time.  I know from where is comes.  But, it's an odd feeling nevertheless.  So many people there had, by there presence, donated towards research for CF.  Yet, they didn't have a clue.  That's okay.  Either did I, before.  Nothing wrong with that.  But, there was such an odd feeling within me.  The idea that you can know a thing..........without really knowing it.  I sat there........watching all these young people and knowing they were reading the words of information displayed on the screens......but they didn't really understand how life altering CF is from morning to night....day in....day out.  They sat and stood singing the words to every song.  They had come for the performance........and I'm glad.  It's what raised the money.  But, we were there only because the event was for CF.  They all wanted their picture taken with their favorite musician......I just wanted to put a picture of our sweet boy in the hands of the musician......to put a face with the cause.  And, I did.  And he was oh so gracious.  Connection made. Thank you Rhett.

It wasn't too long ago that I was that young woman at the concert anticipating the all the future would hold.  And just like that......I'm forty-three.  Age makes you think.  It gives you some introspection.  Can't imagine what it's like to be sixty or eighty.  The thoughts that must go through one's head then.

There are some days that the depth of this world and all that is inherent in being human upon it are so inexpressible.  God has created such an amazingly complex and beautiful creature in man.  I look at our children with wonder each day as their quirks and personalities unfold.

I truly can't find the words tonight.........

No comments:

Post a Comment